Donor-Conceived People Desiring Contact With Their Biological Parents (Donors): What's It All About?
By admin on August 11, 2021
Donor-Conceived People Desiring Contact With their Biological Parents (Donors): What's It All About?
It Is About:
- Learning about my ancestry.
- Learning about my family medical history
- Learning about my other close genetic relatives, eg. grandparents and half-siblings.
- Wanting you to acknowledge that I exist.
- Wanting you to know that I am someone you can be proud of.
- Wanting to give you the opportunity to know me.
- Wanting you to know that I will respect your boundaries.
- Wanting you to understand that this connection could enrich all of our lives.
It Is Not About:
- Money, eg. paying for my education.
- Looking for a dad or a mom.
- Invading or disrupting your family or your life in any way.